European Voluntary Service (EVS) Opportunity in Macedonia.
For volunteers from EU Members!
All costs covered!
Do you want to travel in Macedonia? Do you want to be a volunteer?
Do you want an EVS Opportunity?
WELCOME in Youth Council Prilep
Strategic EVS Project “Youth in Action 2.0”
Youth Council Prilep announcing a public call for 3 EVS Volunteers from EU Members,
1 volunteer per country, for the First Phase of the project.
First mobility Phase duration: 10 May 2018 – 10 December 2018 (7 months)
(dates are flexible to some extent)
“Youth in Action 2.0” it’s a project from Youth Council Prilep who wants to contribute towards Young people actively participate in their community development aiming to enhance youth participation in school communities with inter-cultural dimension.
There are several factors influencing the current situation on youth participation in decision making, with our project we focus on high school students as one dynamic, energetic target group always needing support and empowerment. The volunteers will support Youth Council’s Prilep’s Youth Participation program. Each EVS phase will include one volunteer per country.
The objectives of the EVS assignments are:
- To provide continuous support to school organizations by EVS international volunteers within YCP
- To increase the mobility of 9 young people, EVS volunteers in YCP
- To increase the outreach of young people consulted by YCP
- To raise the awareness on voluntarism, cultural exchanges and dialogue through direct contact with the local population;
The volunteers will carry out following general activities:
- Will assist in project development and implementation of project activities with high school students visiting YCP
- Will assist in creation and implementation of yearly programs of school organizations
- Will gather information and data once per month from 5 high school organizations
- Will process data from 5 high school organizations
- Will create brief documents on information gathered from high school students in Prilep.
- Prepare articles and reports and update organization web site and social networks
- Participate in meetings, promotion and other social events (twice a month)
- Organize presentations/workshops to young people (at least twice a month)
Potential Volunteers needs to fulfill the next criteria:
- To be between 18-29 years old
- To speak English
- To have valid passport with expiry date no earlier than 6 months after mobility phase completion
- To have clear criminal record
- Motivation of volunteer to live abroad for 7th months
- Share an apartment/room with another EVS Volunteer
- Attend Skype interview with Hosting Organization
Advantage will be given to:
- Young people with economical and geographical obstacles
- Experience in volunteering in Non-governmental organization
- Experience in facilitating and running workshops
- Possessing presentational skills
- Experience in working with youth
How to apply:
If you are interested in being a volunteer, please send your CV (English version) until 22th April 2018, on email@example.com
Youth Council Prilep (YCP) was founded in 1999 as a youth nongovernmental organization in Prilep, Macedonia focused on the Pelagonia region of Macedonia. YCP seeks to build the capacity of young people in a participative and sustainable manner.
In 2016, Youth Council Prilep was awarded with the CIty of Prilep award “3th of November” for contribution and achievements in the field of Youth.
Check it on www.ycp.org.mk